StoryStudio Chicago presents:
Pub Crawl: Learn, Pitch, Publish
at our Month-Long Publishing Intensive
Feb. 1-29, 2024
Pub Crawl features classes, panels, and events centered on the publishing world all month long. This will lead up to our Pitch Week for a chance to virtually meet with (and pitch to!) agents and editors.
Early Bird Registration Opens November 2: Ticket Priced at $235 until December 4
PLUS: When you register with the Early Bird price, you also get 24-hour early access to choose an agent to pitch.
One ticket will get you access to the entire month of events. Recorded sessions will be available to ticket-holders to watch for a limited time after each live event.
All Add-On sessions (agent, editor, and query letter meetings) must be purchased separately.
Here’s what you can expect for our 2024 Pub Crawl:
- Kick-off Party
- Bi-weekly classes
- Panels featuring agents, editors, and authors
- Genre Lunches: Join us at noon for a short class & discussion around your favorite genres
- Slack channel to connect with fellow writers
- Access to Zoom recordings of Pub Crawl sessions
- Write-In Social
- Free Friday panels
- Office Hours to ask all your publishing questions
- And don’t forget about Pitch Week! We’ll be hosting one-on-one agent, editor, and query letter meetings. (All add-on meetings must be purchased separately).
STAY TUNED FOR OUR 2024 KEYNOTE SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENT! COMING SOON…
A FEW OF OUR CONFIRMED AGENTS ATTENDING:
- Eloy Bleifuss (Janklow & Nesbit)
- Jade Wong-Baxter (Frances Goldin Literary Agency)
- Reiko Davis (DeFiore & Company)
- Kelsey Day(Aragi Inc.)
- Jennifer Chen-Tran (Folio Lit)
- Marcy Posner (Folio Lit)
- Jennifer Matteson (Andrea Brown Literary Agency)
- Lisa Grubka (United Talent Agency)
- Eric Smith (P.S. Literary)
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED IN THE COMING WEEKS.
Remember, if you register with Early Bird pricing, you’ll get 24-hour early access to choosing your agent.
SEE BELOW FOR AN OUTLINE OF THE 2024 SCHEDULE
Thursday, February 1st: Kick-Off panel
Friday, February 2nd: Free Friday Panel
Week 1, February 5 – 9: Publishing 101 (and 102!)
Week 2, February 12 – 16: All About Agents
Week 3, February 19 – 23: Discover the Small Press
Week 4, February 26 – 29: Preparing Your Work for Publication
Note: All sessions and meetings will take place via zoom. We will send you a link and instructions before your class begins. After registration you’ll receive a follow-up email confirming your place at Pub Crawl and any add-on sessions you have requested. Please note that registration and add-on sessions will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Refunds: Registration and add-on sessions are fully refundable, minus a 25% cancellation fee through January 31, 2024. After January 31, tickets cannot be refunded. Charitable contributions cannot be refunded.